Radio interview (2014). Mental health issues for the Victorian state election. Interview by Ben Rinaudo. Brainwaves, 3CR, Australia.
Radio interview (2014). Talking about my experiences of madness, mental health services and why advocacy matters. Interview by Brendon Clarke. Brainwaves, 3CR, Australia.
Radio interview (2013). Invisible intruders—The voices in my head. Interview by Lynne Malcolm. With Will Hall and Dr Rufus May. All In The Mind, ABC Radio National, Australia.
Television interview (2013). New edition of psychiatric bible: DSM-5. Interview by Margot O’Neill. Lateline, ABC TV, Australia.
Television interview (2012). Hearing Voices: The movement that encourages you to talk to your voices. The Project, Channel 10, Australia.
Radio interview (2012). Hearing voices in your head? You are not alone. Breakfast with Red Symons, ABC Radio 774, Victoria, Australia.
Television interview (2011). Smoking ban in hospitals: ‘a violation of human rights’, News, Channel 7, Melbourne, Australia.
Newspaper article (2011). Patient wants to smoke at The Alfred Hospital. Report by Angus Thompson, Herald Sun, Victoria, Australia.
Radio interview (2009). The launch of Voices Vic. News interview by Samantha Donovan, ABC Radio National, Australia.
I am available for media interviews about the following topics:
- Mental health and mental illness in general
- Mental health diagnoses specifically schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, psychosis, borderline personality disorder, depression
- Trauma, child abuse, links between trauma, mental health and recovery
- Recovery, self-help, peer support, the consumer movement
- Medical versus person-centred therapeutic approaches to mental health
- Current issues in mental health
- Human rights in mental health, including involuntary treatment, Electro-Convulsive Therapy (ECT), mental health legislation, UN conventions
- Mental health reform and funding
Contact me via MI Fellowship.